The United Soccer Clubs and Lake Highlands Girls Classic League partnered to create the Texas Champions League, a top regional girls league that joined the NPL for the 2016-17 season. The Texas Champions League includes U-14 through U-18 clubs from south Texas, north Texas and Oklahoma.
The Texas Champions League is comprised of:
- Eight teams from Lake Highlands, five teams from ECNL clubs and three additional Lake Highlands qualifiers based on last year’s results
- Six teams from United Soccer Clubs, four teams from ECNL clubs and two additional United Soccer Clubs qualifiers based on last year’s results, plus Oklahoma FC and Tulsa SC
Sixteen teams make up each age group for a 15-game schedule. League winners qualify to the annual NPL Finals, which is the coveted destination for all NPL member leagues. There are additional national title qualification opportunities within the National Cup, US Club Soccer’s cup-based national championship series. US Club Soccer will also extend opportunities from its Player Development Program (PDP) and id² Program to the league.
IN THE NEWS:
- (Oct. 28, 2017) Previewing the 2017-18 NPL season: South Central
- (Sept. 19, 2016) Previewing the 2016-17 NPL season: Central
- (June 28, 2016) Texas Champions League enhances youth soccer environment through NPL platform