The Mountain Developmental League was one of five new leagues for the 2012-13 NPL season. Currently, the league includes the following clubs:
|Arizona/New Mexico division:||Colorado division:|
|Arizona Arsenal SC||Arsenal Colorado|
|New Mexico Rush||Colorado Storm|
|Rio Rapids SC||FC Boulder|
|SC Del Sol||Pride SC|
|Tucson SA||Real Colorado|
Like other NPLs around the country, winning teams from the Mountain Developmental League advance to the NPL Finals to compete for league-based national championships.
On the boys side (13-U through 17-U), the top two teams of each age group from the Arizona/New Mexico division engage in a playoff against the top two teams of each age group from the Colorado division. The regular season leader of the U-18 boys from the Colorado division qualifies directly to the NPL Finals. On the girls side, regular season leaders from the 13-U through 17-U age groups advance to the NPL Finals.
IN THE NEWS:
- (Sept. 20, 2016) Previewing the 2016-17 NPL season: West
- (July 20, 2016) VIDEO: Twelve teams capture national titles at 2016 NPL Finals
- (June 15, 2016) Four clubs emerge out of Mountain Devleopmental League (Boys), qualify to 2016 NPL Finals
- (June 9, 2015) 2015 NPL Finals infused with talent after Mountain Developmental League (Boys) playoffs
- (April 17, 2015) Three Mountain Developmental League (Girls) clubs qualify for 2015 NPL Finals