WESTFIELD, Ind. (July 9, 2015) - At long last, the 2015 NPL Finals has arrived, as U-13 through U-18 boys and girls teams descend on Grand Park in Westfield, Ind., to compete for league-based national championships.
Can't view the video above? Click here to watch the full video recap and all full-length 2015 NPL Finals championship games on US Club Soccer's official YouTube channel.
NPL Finals in the news:
- Aug. 4 (NBC Bay Area News): Live video at Santa Clara Sporting '00 Green's practice recapping NPL Finals
- July 23 (Kane County Chronicle): Campton United teams find national treasures
- July 20 (EdmondsBeacon.com): Washington Rush girls soccer team wins national title
- July 17 (My Edmonds News): Washington Rush soccer team wins national championship
- July 16 (Boston Herald): NEFC Elite girls programs take home three national titles
- July 15 (Marin Independent Journal): Local Sports Digest mention of championships won by Pac San Jose Indios & Santa Clara Sporting
- July 14 (TopDrawerSoccer.com): 2015 NPL Finals championship day recap
- July 14 (TopDrawerSoccer.com): 2015 NPL Finals championship day standouts
- July 14 (Soccer Wire): NPL Finals: 12 teams earn national titles on Monday
- July 13 (WISH-TV): Live morning show interview with NPL General Manager Leo Garcia
- July 13 (WISH-TV): Live morning show interview with NEFC Girls DOC Chris Hamblin
- July 13 (WISH-TV): Soccer tournaments bring big business to Westfield
- July 13 (TopDrawerSoccer.com): NPL Finals semifinals day recap
- July 13 (TopDrawerSoccer.com): NPL Finals semifinals day standouts
- July 12 (TopDrawerSoccer.com): NPL Finals Day 3 recap
- July 12 (TopDrawerSoccer.com): NPL Finals Day 3 standouts
- July 11 (WTHR.com): Live morning show interview with NPL General Manager Leo Garcia
- July 11 (TopDrawerSoccer.com): NPL Finals Day 2 recap
- July 11 (TopDrawerSoccer.com): NPL Finals Day 2 standouts
- July 11 (WTHR.com): Westfield hosting 5,000 soccer players
- July 10 (FOX 59): Hamilton County economy will receive major 'kick' during weekend youth soccer tournament
- July 10 (TopDrawerSoccer.com): NPL Finals Day 1 recap
- July 10 (TopDrawerSoccer.com): NPL Finals Day 1 standouts
- July 10 (Indianapolis Business Journal): Two national soccer tournaments draw thousands to Westfield
- July 9 (NOLA News): Louisiana Fire, Mandeville Lakers represented at National Premier Leagues Finals
- July 9 (Inside Indiana Business): Tournaments drawing thousands at Grand Park
- July 8 (Boston Globe): Massachusetts youth soccer teams take their game to national level
- July 7 (Soccer Wire): NPL Finals preview: Prince William Courage among newcomers
- July 4 (Marin Independent Journal): Marin FC local soccer clubs head to nationals
- July 4 (Boston Herald): Seven local youth soccer teams look to make their mark at the Nationals
- June 30 (Tulsa World): Local soccer teams headed to national championship
Monday, July 13:
Today is the day champions are made - national champions to be precise. It also represents the conclusion of the entire year-long National Premier Leagues (NPL) 2014-15 season.
(UPDATED: July 13 at 4:20 p.m. ET) Below are the title results:
- U-13 boys: New York Red Bulls 2, St. Louis Scott Gallagher-MO 0
- U-14 boys: Santa Clara Sporting '00 Green 1, Real Colorado Athletico '00 0
- U-15 boys: FC Dallas Pre-Academy 3, Sockers FC '99 2
- U-16 boys: New York SC '99 2, LA Premier FC White 0
- U-17 boys: Pac San Jose Indios 1, NEFC Elite 0
- U-18 boys: Campton United '96 3, Soccer Plus Academy '96 2
- U-13 girls: NEFC Elite 2, Jacksonville FC Storm 01/02 1
- U-14 girls: Washington Rush '00 3, Scottsdale Blackhawks 0
- U-15 girls: FC Virginia United Premier '99 2, NEFC Elite 1
- U-16 girls: NEFC Elite 2, FC Copa Academy Celeste 1
- U-17 girls: NJ Stallions Dynamite 4, Massapequa SC Crush 1
- U-18 girls: NEFC Elite 5, PDA South '96 Force 2
Sunday, July 12:
It's a huge day today at Grand Park, as the semifinal round has arrived. All age groups have been reduced to just four teams, with the exception of the U-18 girls bracket, because it was a group of five total teams, which will resume Monday during the national championship round.
The threat for severe weather is elevated today, so participants are encouraged to remain alert and quickly respond to any on-site decisions at Grand Park. We'll keep nationalpremierleagues.com/NPLFinals updated with any delays or special notices.
Best of luck to all remaining teams vying for national titles!
Below are the championship matchups, to be held tomorrow at Grand Park:
- U-13 boys: (1) New York Red Bulls vs. (2) St. Louis Scott Gallagher-MO, 11 a.m.
- U-14 boys: (2) Santa Clara Sporting '00 Green vs. (4) Real Colorado Athletico '00, 11 a.m.
- U-15 boys: (1) FC Dallas Pre-Academy vs. (2) Sockers FC '99, 11 a.m.
- U-16 boys: (3) New York SC '99 vs. (4) LA Premier FC White, 9 a.m.
- U-17 boys: (1) Pac San Jose Indios vs. (3) NEFC Elite, 9 a.m.
- U-18 boys: (1) Soccer Plus Academy '96 vs. (3) Campton United '96, 11 a.m.
- U-13 girls: (1) NEFC Elite vs. (2) Jacksonville FC Storm 01/02, 9 a.m.
- U-14 girls: (1) Scottsdale Blackhawks '01 vs. (2) Washington Rush '00, 9 a.m.
- U-15 girls: (1) NEFC Elite vs. (2) FC Virginia United Premier '99, 11 a.m.
- U-16 girls: (1) FC Copa Academy Celeste vs. (2) NEFC Elite, 9 a.m.
- U-17 girls: (1) NJ Stallions Dynamite vs. (2) Massapequa SC Crush, 9 a.m.
- U-18 girls: (1) NEFC Elite vs. (2) PDA South '96 Force, 11 a.m.
Stay tuned for more updates, and join the conversation on social media by using the hashtag #NPLFinals.
Saturday, July 11:
For many teams, today is make or break. Results are critical before tomorrow's semifinals.
Be sure to check out the official NPL Finals playlist on YouTube. Here are the teams that are advancing to Sunday's matchups:
- U-13 boys: (1) New York Red Bulls vs. (4) FC Boulder; (2) St. Louis Scott Gallagher vs. (3) Brentwood SC
- U-14 boys: (1) San Antonio SC vs. (4) Real Colorado; (2) Santa Clara Sporting vs. (3) Virginia Rush
- U-15 boys: (1) FC Dallas Pre-Academy vs. (4) SC del Sol; (2) Sockers FC vs. (3) FC Golden State
- U-16 boys: (1) Campton United vs. (4) LA Premier FC; (2) NY Hota Bavarians vs. (3) New York SC
- U-17 boys: (1) PAC San Jose Indios vs. (4) FC Golden State; (2) World Class FC vs. (3) NEFC Elite
- U-18 boys: (1) Soccer Plus Academy vs. (4) Dynamos SC; (2) St. Louis Scott Gallagher vs. (3) Campton United
- U-13 girls: (1) NEFC Elite vs. (4) PDA North; (2) Jacksonville FC vs. (3) FC Portland Academy
- U-14 girls: (1) Scottsdale Blackhawks vs. (4) Orlando City; (2) Washington Rush vs. (3) FC Salmon Creek
- U-15 girls: (1) NEFC Elite vs. (4) Elite Girls Academy; (2) FC Virginia vs. (3) FC Stars of Mass
- U-16 girls: (1) FC Copa Academy vs. (4) BYSC Corona United; (2) NEFC Elite vs. (3) Washington Premier FC
- U-17 girls: (1) NJ Stallions Dynamite vs. (4) Oakwood SC; (2) Massapequa SC vs. (3) PDA Nitro
- U-18 girls: Group of five - no semifinals
Friday, July 10:
Today is a critical day for participating teams, as they either look to continue their momentum from yesterday, or they're forced to play with a renewed sense of urgency after a disappointing opening day.
For the latest field changes due to weather, please monitor nationalpremierleagues.com/NPLFinals.
Be sure to head over to the US Club Soccer Facebook page to view photos being uploaded from Grand Park.
Let's take a look at a few of the brackets:
- Five teams remain undefeated in the U-15 boys age group, with each of those teams - SC Del Sol Leebrook, Chicago Magic PSG, FC Dallas Pre-Academy, BW Gottschee and Sockers FC '99 - earning key victories today. This sets up a Saturday showdown between SC Del Sol Leebrook and Chicago Magic PSG at 9 a.m.
- In U-13 girls action, NEFC Elite has powered its way through the first two games with a goal differential of 15-2. Up next is a matchup with STA, which has not allowed a goal so far this tournament.
- On the U-14 girls side, Friday was the day of the shutout, as six of eight total games included at least one team being held scoreless.
Thursday, July 9:
Due to recent weather issues and lingering travel concerns, all games on the opening day of the 2015 NPL Finals were pushed back three hours.
That meant the event officially kicked off at noon, instead of 9 a.m., as originally scheduled.
Regardless, with a highly competitive field featuring qualifying teams from all over the country, the NPL Finals figures to prove its mettle as one of the country's elite youth tournaments.
Let's take a look at a few of the brackets:
- The U-13 boys bracket featured two games (of seven total) that came down a one-goal differential, but this bracket was more about the shutouts, as St. Louis Scott Gallagher (Mo.), Brentwood SC, Oklahoma FC and San Antonio SC all earned victories by keeping their respective opponents off the scoreboard.
- In U-14 boys action, "two" was the magic number, as any team that managed a pair of goals won their match. Defensive intensity was high, as no game featured more than three goals combined.
- In the U-18 girls bracket, PDA South rose to the challenge by winning both its 12 p.m. and 6 p.m. games. Tomorrow (July 10), Northwest United FC is tasked with playing two games, due to an odd number of teams in the bracket.
ABOUT US CLUB SOCCER:
A National Association member of the U.S. Soccer Federation, US Club Soccer is an organization committed to the development and support of soccer clubs in the United States.
US Club Soccer offers youth and adult registration, league- and cup-based competition platforms at the recreational and competitive levels, as well as a variety of other programming, including the Olympic Development Program-sanctioned id2 Program and Player Development Programs.
Through US Club Soccer, all of a club’s programs – recreational, competitive and adult – are able to be united under one organizational umbrella, creating a “members for life” culture within each club. US Club Soccer is sponsored by Nike.