CHARLESTON, S.C. (May 16, 2016) - Four clubs swept through 12 slots to this summer's NPL Finals by way of the Gulf States Premier League. Mississippi Rush claimed six age groups, Baton Rouge SC grabbed four and Cajun SC and Darlington Soccer Academy managed one apiece.
Boys and girls age groups are won through cumulative regular season results.
- U-13 girls: Mississippi Rush '03 Premier (Miss.)
- U-13 boys: Baton Rouge SC '03 Black (La.)
- U-14 girls: Baton Rouge SC '02 Black (La.)
- U-14 boys: Baton Rouge SC '02 Black (La.)
- U-15 girls: Mississippi Rush '01 Premier (Miss.)
- U-15 boys: Cajun SC Fury '01 (La.)
- U-16 girls: Mississippi Rush '00 Premier (Miss.)
- U-16 boys: Mississippi Rush '00 Premier (Miss.)
- U-17 girls: Mississippi Rush '99 Premier (Miss.)
- U-17 boys: Mississippi Rush '99 Premier (Miss.)
- U-18 girls: Baton Rouge SC '98 Black (La.)
- U-18 boys: Darlington Soccer Academy (Ga.)
The 2016 NPL Finals, open to U-13 through U-18 boys and girls age groups, will be held July 14-18 at Aurora Sports Park in Aurora, Colo. One of the most prestigious championships in the country, the NPL Finals features the champions of NPLs across the United States. Teams play several group games before advancing to knock-out rounds to determine the NPL national champion in every age group.
ABOUT US CLUB SOCCER:
A National Association member of the U.S. Soccer Federation, US Club Soccer fosters the growth and development of soccer clubs in order to create the best possible development environment for players of all ages.
US Club Soccer offers youth and adult registration, league- and cup-based competition platforms at the recreational and competitive levels, and a variety of other programming and services. Anchored by Players First, US Club Soccer supports all facets of youth soccer through the five pillars of Players First: Club Development, Coaching Development, Player Development, Parent Engagement & Education and Player Health & Safety. Other programming elements include National Premier Leagues, the id² Program and Player Development Program, and the National Cup.
US Club Soccer is sponsored by Nike and is supported by LaLiga through a technical partnership.