The ENPL will include both member Elite Clubs National League conferences (ECNL conferences) and member National Premier Leagues (NPLs), providing multiple entry paths into the competition. ENPL competition will include 14-U, 15-U, 16-U, 17-U and 19-U boys age groups, and will include participating teams from two independent qualification paths: (i) qualifying teams from designated National Premier Leagues across the country; and (ii) qualifying teams from ECNL club-based conferences across the country. These teams will come together to compete for the ENPL National Championship in a two-stage postseason event in 2018.
- (Aug. 30, 2017) ENPL qualification and playoff formats for Boys 2018 ENPL National Championships and 2018 Boys NPL Finals announced
- (May 9, 2017) ENPL prepares for inaugural season behind 16 qualifying NPLs, Boys ECNL Conferences
- (March 30, 2017) ENPL announces Florida NPL as qualifying competition
- (March 17, 2017) ENPL announces South Atlantic Premier League as qualifying competition
- (March 13, 2017) ENPL announces Boys ECNL Southwest Conference as qualifying competition
- (Jan. 11, 2017) ENPL announces new NPL in Southern California and NorCal Premier as qualifying competitions
- (Jan. 9, 2017) ENPL announces United Soccer Clubs & Boys ECNL Texas Conference as qualifying competitions
- (Dec. 14, 2016) ENPL announces Midwest Developmental League, NISL & Boys ECNL Midwest Conference as qualifying competitions
- (Dec. 1, 2016) New England Premiership, New York Club Soccer League, Elite Development Program and Boys ECNL Northeast Conference named qualifying competitions
- (Nov. 18, 2016) Virginia NPL and Boys ECNL Southeast Conference named first qualifying competitions
While the NPL and the ECNL will each determine their own regular season competition format, all qualifying leagues and conferences must meet ENPL guidelines on the minimum number of matches, basic roster and competition rules, and other development standards to insure a top quality environment. The ENPL will determine the total number of postseason berths and the postseason competition structure.
The inaugural ENPL Playoffs will be held in June 2018 in two locations – an East and West venue – where teams will be seeded based on their regular season performance. Playoff winners will advance to the ENPL National Championships in early July 2018.
No teams are guaranteed entry into the ENPL Playoffs. Whether qualifying through an NPL or an ECNL conference, all teams will earn their place into the ENPL Playoffs through a full season of regular league play.