US Club Soccer and the Elite Clubs National League are collaborating to create a new national competition and development platform for 14-U through 18/19-U boys beginning in August 2017. The Elite National Premier League (ENPL) will provide local and national regular-season competition, national showcase events and postseason playoff competition for top teams across the country.
The ENPL will include both member Elite Clubs National League conferences (ECNL conferences) and member National Premier Leagues (NPLs), providing multiple entry paths into the competition. ENPL competition will include 14-U, 15-U, 16-U, 17-U and 19-U boys age groups, and will include participating teams from two independent qualification paths: (i) qualifying teams from designated National Premier Leagues across the country; and (ii) qualifying teams from ECNL club-based conferences across the country. These teams will come together to compete for the ENPL National Championship in a two-stage postseason event in 2018.
By providing qualification paths for both team-based and club-based competitions, the ENPL will feature the best boys players in US Club Soccer. The regular season competition within each NPL and Boys ECNL Conference are unique and independently structured; however, consistent technical and competitive standards will apply, and all teams will be focusing on the same postseason destination: the ENPL Playoffs.
The inaugural ENPL Playoffs will be held in June 2018 in two locations – East and West – where teams will be seeded based on their regular season performance. Playoff winners will advance to the ENPL National Championships in early July 2018.
No teams are guaranteed entry into the ENPL Playoffs. Whether qualifying through an NPL or an ECNL conference, all teams will earn their place into the ENPL Playoffs through a full season of regular league play.
Browse the news clips below for the latest information about the ENPL.
IN THE NEWS:
- (Aug. 30, 2017) ENPL qualification and playoff formats for Boys 2018 ENPL National Championships and 2018 Boys NPL Finals announced
- (May 9, 2017) ENPL prepares for inaugural season behind 16 qualifying NPLs, Boys ECNL Conferences
- (March 30, 2017) ENPL announces Florida NPL as qualifying competition
- (March 17, 2017) ENPL announces South Atlantic Premier League as qualifying competition
- (March 13, 2017) ENPL announces Boys ECNL Southwest Conference as qualifying competition
- (Jan. 11, 2017) ENPL announces new NPL in Southern California and NorCal Premier as qualifying competitions
- (Jan. 9, 2017) ENPL announces United Soccer Clubs & Boys ECNL Texas Conference as qualifying competitions
- (Dec. 14, 2016) ENPL announces Midwest Developmental League, NISL & Boys ECNL Midwest Conference as qualifying competitions
- (Dec. 1, 2016) New England Premiership, New York Club Soccer League, Elite Development Program and Boys ECNL Northeast Conference named qualifying competitions
- (Nov. 23, 2016) Letter from Chairman Phil Wright & CEO Kevin Payne to NPL members: ENPL update
- (Nov. 18, 2016) ENPL announces Virginia NPL and Boys ECNL Southeast Conference as qualifying competitions
- (Aug. 17, 2016) Elite National Premier League logo and framework announced
- (May 26, 2016) ECNL, US Club Soccer announce new national competition platform for boys