CHARLESTON, S.C. (May 18, 2018) - Seven clubs came out on top of the Gulf States Premier League regular season standings as champions, and have now earned the right to compete for postseason glory this summer.
Baton Rouge SC earned more titles than any other club with four age groups: 15-U girls, 19-U girls, 14-U boys and 15-U boys. Louisiana Fire Juniors was close behind with three divisions: 13-U girls, 17-U boys and 19-U boys.
- Boys champions / runners up
- 13-U: Hattiesburg FC '05 / Louisiana Fire Jrs. '05 Red
- 14-U: Baton Rouge SC '04 Black / Louisiana Fire Jrs. '04 Red
- 15-U: Baton Rouge SC '03 Black / Louisiana Fire Jrs. '03 Red
- 16-U: Mississippi Rush '02 Premier / Louisiana Fire Jrs. '02 Red
- 17-U: Louisiana Fire Jrs. '01 Red / Mandeville SC '01 LPDL
- 19-U: Louisiana Fire Jrs. '00 Red / Mississippi Rush '99 Premier
- Girls champions / runners up
- 13-U: Louisiana Fire Jrs. '05 Red / Cajun SC Rage '05
- 14-U: Gulf Coast Texans '04 / Mandeville SC Lakers '04 Elite
- 15-U: Baton Rouge SC '03 Black / Hattiesburg FC '03
- 16-U: Mississippi Brilla SC Supra '02 / Louisiana Fire Jrs. '02 Red
- 17-U: Mandeville SC Lakers '01 Elite / Cajun SC Rage 16/17 Academy
- 19-U: Baton Rouge SC '99 Black / Mississippi Rush '99 Premier
All girls champions qualify directly to the Girls NPL Finals, July 12-16 in Aurora, Colo.
On the boys side, the winners from 13-U and 14-U divisions earn entry to the National Cup XVII Finals, July 20-24 in Aurora, Colo. The 15-U, 16-U and 17-U champions advance to the Boys Eastern NPL Finals, June 29-July 3 in Lancaster, Mass. And, the 19-U champion will compete in the 19-U Boys NPL Finals, June 29-July 3 in Lancaster, Mass.
At the beginning of the 2017-18 season, top players from the Gulf States Premier League participated in the league's annual Player Development Program (PDP) in Louisiana. Full schedules and standings from this season's action are available at this link.
ABOUT US CLUB SOCCER:
A National Association member of the U.S. Soccer Federation, US Club Soccer fosters the growth and development of soccer clubs in order to create the best possible environment for players of all ages.
Anchored by Players First and its five pillars of Club Development, Coaching Development, Player Development, Parent Engagement & Education and Player Health & Safety, US Club Soccer offers registration, league- and cup-based competition platforms, player identification and a variety of other programming, resources and services.
US Club Soccer is sponsored by Nike and supported by LaLiga through a technical partnership.