HOUSTON, Texas (June 14, 2017) - Six clubs claimed 12 league championships during the 2017 South Central Premier League playoffs, June 10-11 at the Houston Express South Campus.
Liverpool FC America earned four of those championships and a pair of runner-up finishes. Eclipse SC, Houston Express SC and Space City FC each won two titles. City FC and Oklahoma FC added one division championship apiece to round out the hardware.
The South Central Premier League consists of those six clubs, as well as Blitz United SC and Dynamos SC - the latter of which was edged by one goal in the 15-U boys bracket against Houston Express SC.
Championship game scores for each division are as follows:
- 13-U boys: Liverpool FC America 2, Houston Express SC 1
- 13-U girls: Liverpool FC America 2, Space City FC 1
- 14-U boys: Space City FC 1, Liverpool FC America 0
- 14-U girls: City FC 6, Liverpool FC America 3
- 15-U boys: Houston Express SC 1, Dynamos SC 0
- 15-U girls: Eclipse SC 2, City FC 0
- 16-U boys: Oklahoma FC 5, City FC 0
- 16-U girls: Space City FC 2, Houston Express SC 0
- 17-U boys: Liverpool FC America 6, City FC 1
- 17-U girls: Eclipse SC 4, Houston Express SC 3
- 18/19-U boys: Houston Express SC 8, City FC 2
- 18/19-U girls: Liverpool FC America 2, Space City FC 0
Up next for these playoff champions is the 2017 NPL Finals, July 13-17 at Grand Park in Westfield, Ind. Featuring 13-U through 19-U boys and girls teams, it is the culminating event of year-long, league-based competition among 22 NPLs throughout the country.
ABOUT US CLUB SOCCER:
A National Association member of the U.S. Soccer Federation, US Club Soccer fosters the growth and development of soccer clubs in order to create the best possible development environment for players of all ages.
Anchored by Players First and its five pillars of Club Development, Coaching Development, Player Development, Parent Engagement & Education and Player Health & Safety, US Club Soccer offers registration, league- and cup-based competition platforms, player identification and a variety of other programming, resources and services.
US Club Soccer is sponsored by Nike and supported by LaLiga through a technical partnership.